Topic: Yorick

Runes
Marks - Armor pen
Seals - Mana regen at level 18
Blue - +24 magic resist at 18 (+13 is fine too)
Quints - +Attack damage

Magic resist quints, or even health quints are also just fine.

Masteries
1/21/8 .. For exhaust
I strongly prefer defensive masteries to go with his passive which makes him extremely hard to kill.
I feel that he does not need the offense since he does not land that many auto attacks in the lane and in team fights, and the defensive masteries really help surviving early ganks.

Summoner spells
Exhaust and Flash, I personally prefer exhaust over ignite as I feel Yorick wins the lane by wearing/chasing down people and not so much bursting them.

Items
Boots or regrowth pendant, early philosophers stone.
Together with the mana regen from the runes this gives yorick almost all the mana he needs this is why I do not build a manamune

Highest priority - Boots and philosophers stone

High priority - CDR boots,  glacial shroud or spirit visage
getting all 3 CDR items is overkill, and I am not entirely sure which 2 i prefer most, CDR boots + visage would rock but leaves him short mana in the lane to harras early.
Shroud + visage sounds solid together with tabi or mercs, I havent actually tried this combo yet but I will report my findings when I do.

Mid priority - Atmas + aegis and/or warmogs
Time to get some damage, atmas is in my opinion almost the only damage item yorick needs, it works really well with building very tanky on him, I don't worry about slows or speed increasing items, with enough CDR he gets very mobile between his q and w.

Re: Yorick

Guardsman Bob wrote:

Time to get some damage, atmas is in my opinion almost the only damage item yorick needs,

Almost....So what kind of AD items should someone build on Yorick? Last Whisper, Ghostblade?

http://varggrim.minitroopers.com

A trinity can work very well on him, the sheen part works well with him using skills often, little health, little AD, some move speed, attack speed. Overall it gives him a lot of stats to work with and increases his damage output a lot for a single item, it also works well on tanky dps because it has a good price to damage output ratio for a single item (something like IE has a pretty good ratio but is much better with other items like a PD making you put out more damage with multiple items but requiring you to build them all).

Overall I think you will find that if you can make Yorick basically unkillable his damage with just Atmas will suffice. He likes to build tanky which means he will get a lot of health so Atmas will be giving him a good amount of damage. With CDR and Atmas he will put out a lot of damage as long as he has mana.

I just recently bought Yorick. He is my first solo top champ (Usually I jungle, support, or ranged AD) My first game with him I destroyed a Talon using your build. Thanks for the guide, you continue to make my LoL experience entertaining and enjoyable.

Your thoughts on Triforce?

I think triforce could be ok, but gunblade isnt bad either, if someone else is the main tank.

Thx Bob big_smile

What is your skill order Bob?

I dont really agree to the armor penetration marks, since Yorick doesn`t really fight long with his auto attacks but is kind of an ad caster who just spams his ghouls into the enemies...

Jaykay wrote:

I dont really agree to the armor penetration marks, since Yorick doesn`t really fight long with his auto attacks but is kind of an ad caster who just spams his ghouls into the enemies...

My understanding of what I've played of him is that all of his gouls except his w are physical damage based, and do physical damage. Armor pen increases their damage as well, not just his auto attacks.

Last game i did as Yorick i rushed a glacial shroud for an early frozen heart then took spirit visage,cause the magic resist ,cdr and major heal from E are just too good then i took a bansees veil and a QSS cause with Yorick imo you need not to be in a place and be an annoyance for the enemy team all day with alst item an Atmas impaler.

I must say that it worked wonders.

Btw my masteries where 0/9/21 and runes flat ad red and quints,armor yellow,mr flat blue.I was so tanky that couldnt be killed easily in teamfights and thank god our twitch was farmed and with my ulti we where able to win a really close match.

Btw Bob can you see Yorick as a support and not a top laner?

Last edited by ArcanasQ (2011-10-19 09:25:55)

I have tried visage and shroud together with mercs that rocks, and i think is better with some ternacity instead of CDR boots wink

what are your thoughts about manamune ?

Do you still play Yorick? If you don't, why not?

I believe Bob's thoughts on Yorick are that he is mediocre. He wins his lane, but in a team fight he is mostly ignorable. All he can do is Copy the AD carry, Which is easy to either disengage, burst down or otherwise shun compared to say, A warwick ult of a Tryn spin or anything of that ilk.

He does the lane well, but his team fight presence is mediocre. Even more so with the nurfs on Warmogs.

He shines more in a 5 vs 5 situation, where everyone is organised, and big team-fights are more pivotal. You are much less likely to find someone getting caught at Tournament player levels.

Naive wrote:
Jaykay wrote:

My understanding of what I've played of him is that all of his gouls except his w are physical damage based, and do physical damage. Armor pen increases their damage as well, not just his auto attacks.

Yorick's E scales with AD, but does Magic damage.
Now that I've heard about using a gunblade here... i might try that. big_smile

Duh herro, peopuru

Everytime i see Bob play Yorick I want to play him too, he looks so fun to play whyn Bob plays him D:

This is a nice build, Bob big_smile
I like your style of playing Yorick - I tried some Mobafire guide (the highest rated one with a lot of votes) for starters and it felt like I wasn't playing to full potential, and while I could spam spells slightly more, I was constantly being poked and couldn't keep my health up well. With this build I can play Yorick much like I play Nasus, except I keep harassing all the time with my ghouls.
Yorick's also nice against 1v2 top lanes if playing normals, especially in blind pick, his sustain keeps them off your turret while not getting killed - whenever your jungler comes for a gank it usually results in 2 kills for my team. smile

This basis of building yorick is fantastic, i have tweaked it slightly for situational fighting but the glacial shroud is a brilliant idea for the basis of the build with a trin force for mid game dominance and survivability in the form of a Guardian's angel and a bloodthirster depending on how long the game goes for its excellent.

Update the guide Bob tongue

This should definitely be reworked, at least the item part, as You do not get most of them playing yorick yourself smile)
+ I believe You started to use ignite and flash
+ skill order would be a nice addition

Hey bob, could you possibly make GP guide?

Hey Bob, since this is really outdated, it would be great if you could check this itembuild and give us your insight, as I know you like some item theory crafting:

Muramana
Mercuriy's Threads - Captain (to give the ghouls a speedboost)
Spirit of the Elder Lizard (to burn your enemies)
Spirit Visage
Iceborn Gauntlet
Sunfire Cape (Can be replaced with Guardian or Warmogs)

These Items look kinda fancy on the first sight, but for me on Gold Elo it works really well

Greetings

Lexxi